15 Tips on Picture Optimization You May Not Know
The principle of Images optimization in website production. With the continuous development of the Internet Marketing Industry, broadband speeds have been further enhanced. More and more websites use a large number of pictures to display. If a website has too many pictures, it will affect the loading speed. Then how to optimize images in order to increase users? Experience it? Freelance Digital World for everyone to share 15 image optimization principles hope you can like it.
The principle of Image optimization in website production:
1. For GIF and PNG files, minimizing dithering can make files smaller.
2. If you want to add text on the picture, do not embed the text into the picture, but use a transparent background picture, or CSS positioning so that the text is overlaid on the picture, both to obtain equal results, but also to a greater degree of the picture compression.
3. On smaller GIF and PNG pictures, lossy compression can be used.
4. In the output image, the picture size should be set properly, length and width pixels set to the size you need, rather than output large pictures, and then use, specify a smaller length and width, reduce the picture.
5. Combine decorative images as much as possible to save the number of HTTP requests, and use CSS sprites for a specific use.
6. The borders on the page, the background, the use of CSS as much as possible to display, do not use pictures.
7. At the beginning of the website design, it is necessary to do a good job of planning, such as how to use the background picture, etc., and be aware of it.
8. When editing an image, it is necessary to do a good job of tailoring only necessary, important, content-related parts.
9. If you use photoshop, zooming the image will usually blur the image. You can use smart sharpen to make the image even better.
10. For GIF and PNG file formats, minimizing the number of colour bits makes the file smaller.
11. The use of images can use png format as much as possible to replace the gif and jpeg format commonly used in the past. In the case of quality assurance, use the smallest file.
12. Specify the size of the image explicitly in the HTML.
13. If possible, use local compression to ensure a clearer foreground based on a greater degree of compression of the background.
14. Before the picture is optimized, if it can reduce noise, it can get an extra 20% compression.
15. jpg Images can also blur backgrounds, then compress more when compressed
For more such information & techniques, check out other blogs at Freelance Digital World.